Spring Bridge Lift Information
N/S 5 Railroad Bridge on the Calumet River: 23.8’
95th Street Bridge: 23.6'
92nd Street Bridge: 19.1'
- All 3 bridge tenders monitor Channel 16 and will speak with you on Channel 12.
- BEFORE departing Skyway Yacht Works’ Slip:
- You MUST radio the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge on the Calumet River…
- State your boat name and that you are traveling outbound to Lake Michigan from Skyway Yacht Works’ slip.
- Request a bridge lift from the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge on the Calumet River, the 95th Street Bridge, and the 92nd Street Bridge.
DO NOT follow a commercial vessel through the bridges without contacting the bridge first! If the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge does NOT know a sailboat is travelling under their bridge, it is possible your mast will NOT clear!!
DO NOT travel through the N/S 5 Railroad Bridge until the bridge has been completely raised—it is possible the mast will NOT clear if the bridge is not fully raised!!
**All 3 bridges work together in an effort to make travel up the river run smoothly.
**Please coordinate your departure with other sailors so you travel in groups to minimize bridge lifts.
If you have difficulty with the bridges—call us and we can help!